As I mentioned already earlier this year, AppAware is gaining momentum now by new features and functionalities. Apart from the new website, the latest release has been an API which for the first time also allows other developers to include AppAware data into their apps and websites (e.g. see pic to the right).
Upon registering an app from the AppAware DB can be obtained
- list of top android applications characterized by
- users' install/update/removal events, furthermore aggregations of popular and trending apps can be delivered, finally top of apps can be also retrieved by country.
- time frame (hour/day/week/month)
- app category (out of the 31 google app categories)
- app details for a specific package_name
- the AppAware user for profile (provided a OAuth2 access token has been granted from a user to your application)
- list of applications with details installed by a user (again OAuth2 access token is required)